- Do you have a story you’re dying to tell and you’re not sure how to get going?
- Have you already stuck some short stories and essays in a drawer because you’re not sure what direction to take them in?
- Do you want to get feedback on your work and be part of a community of writer?
I offer small workshops in fiction and non-fiction, suitable for writers at any level in their career–from beginners to established authors.
I hold a Master’s of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Florida State University, which The Atlantic Monthly named one of America’s top ten creative writing programs. There, I studied under Pulitzer Prize winner Robert Olen Butler, critically-acclaimed Julianna Baggott, and award-winning author David Vann.
My short stories and non-fiction have appeared in Slate, The Kenyon Review Online, Narrative, and elsewhere.
My journalism and commentary has been published in The New York Times, Al Jazeera English, The Guardian, Foreign Policy, and many other international outlets. I blog at +972.
I have experience as a university composition instructor. I hold undergraduate degrees in Psychology and English Literature and have taught the latter.
- Meet once a week for 10 weeks
- Include discussion of published work as well as students’ work
- Offer a comfortable, nurturing environment
For additional information–including fees, schedules, and workshop locations in Israel and the West Bank–please email me at: myaguarnieri(at)gmail(dot)com or get in touch via Facebook
I’m looking forward to meeting you, to learning from you, and to contributing to your growth as a writer!